I think by now we all know not to give our kids the little gold coins that are chocolate because of the melamine. Well turns out there is a risk for even more concern.
Melamine is what was in the tainted dog food that killed over 1,500 dogs. Melamine is what was in the infant formula in China. It is now in our food supply via who else China. Mainly from what I have seen in our children's trick or treating candy supply. Be careful, even HERSHEY'S has a candy factory in China and they have already recalled some of the chocolate from there.
Melamine is being added to the milk powder as a form of protein it is far from protein. It is a toxic substance that attacks the kidneys.
Many wrappers will say where the candy was made, but they don't have to. What you need to know when inspecting your child's candy is milk powder and china. Don't forget even Hershey's chocolate is made in china (yes they have the factory in Pennsylvania but they out source like everyone else). I am not attacking Hershey, but I know they make a large amount of candy that goes beyond the hershey bar and kiss (almond joy, cadbury, heath, skor, kit kat, milk dud, reeses, rolo, whoppers, york). Check other candies too.
Personally I am leery of any chocolates this year.
Take this info as you will, but keep your children in mind.
I wanted to add (incase I didn't) that the candy does not always say where it was made sometimes it says where it was distributed from, but not where it is made. So be on the look out for anything with milk powder in it.
Have a safe Halloween!
Here are a couple videos to watch that are informative. Yes the guy is kind of quirky but his message is good. The videos are long, but you don't have to watch them all to get the message.
WATCH THE VIDEOS!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3dbBQPIFf0&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_105611
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUB79WJ9ktQ
PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment